Game of the Night: Bulls – Grizzlies
Christian Peterson/Getty Images
Tonight the Memphis Grizzlies (15-6) take on the Chicago Bulls (13-9).
Expect a defensive struggle. The Grizzlies and Bulls are 2nd and 3rd in points allowed, respectively.
Still without injured point guard Derrick Rose, the Bulls have been limited in offensive productivity. They are 25th in points per game, despite being 7th in rebounding. Led by SF Luol Deng (18 points and 7 rebounds), PF Carlos Boozer (14 points and 10 rebounds), and C Joakim Noah (14 points, 11 rebounds) the Bulls have gotten off to a solid start this year.
The Grizzlies are one of the hottest teams in the NBA and have had success on offense and defense. In addition to having lockdown defender SG Tony Allen, Memphis is led by SF Rudy Gay (19 points and 6 rebounds), PF Zach Randloph (18 points and 13 rebounds), and C Marc Gasol (15 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists). They are 14th in points per game, 14th in rebounding, and 20th in assists.
Memphis is a 6.5 favorite over Chicago.
Box score notables:
- At the end of the third quarter, Memphis led 61-53.
- SF Luol Deng (11 points and 4 rebounds), shot 4-17 from the field.
- SG Wayne Ellington added 11 from the bench
- PG Mike Conley led the team in scoring with 17 points.
- Memphis won the rebound battle 51 to 39 and shot better from the 3 point line 6-11 (54.5%) versus 2-11 (18.2%).
Grizzlies cover the spread: 80-71